Singapore is one of the world's culinary capitals. Researching and hunting down the city's famed food destinations can be thrilling when you are on holidays, but exhausting when you have just moved to Singapore, and need to put dinner on the table.
In our Buying Food Masterclass we short-cut this experience, showing you where locals and expats shop for fresh produce, meat and fish. We introduce you to gourmet specialists and trusted stall holders at Wet Markets. Whether you want to fill your basket with familar items, locate exotic ingredients for your new local culinary experiments or just learn how to buy better quality at lower prices, we can show you.
Perfect for new arrivals, or those wanting to extend their shopping trip beyond Cold Storage.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Where to buy meat, fish and poultry for everyday and for entertaining.
- How to shop at a Wet Market.
- Where to buy organic, speciality and gourmet food items.
- Who stocks what (and at what price) at the big supermarkets.
- Where to buy cookware and appliances.
WHAT YOU WILL WALK AWAY WITH
- A curated list of stores and online purveyors of everyday and gourmet food.
- Tips and worksheets for helping your maid to manage the food shop.
- Your food procurement needs sorted, giving you time to discover more important things (and maybe do a tour on What to Wear in Singapore)
Duration: 4 hours (including light lunch)
Time: 10.00am – 2.00pm
Our tour begins at Dempsey Hill, and ends in Chinatown.
A Mercedes Van will chauffeur us to each of our locations.